Can reading the news help keep my mind sharp?

Reading the news helps you keep up with the latest, which not only activates the memory part of the brain but also gives you something to talk about with friends and family. That kind of socializing can activate multiple parts of your brain and encourage cell growth.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

An Easy Trick to Strengthen Concentration
The TV game show Concentration ran almost without interruption from 1958 to 1991, until at last its fans became permanently distracted. Not a bad run,...
How do sensory experiences help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Those with the best memories take advantage of all their senses. That's because memorization is a co...
Why is playing a musical instrument a healthy activity for my brain?
AARPAARP
Frequently tickling the ivories or blowing a horn, especially if you're trying to master it, is asso...
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain