How can having a friendly argument help keep my mind sharp?

Choose a side. Talk sports, business or politics. If you can do it without getting angry, which raises the memory-hindering hormone cortisol, engaging in a good debate can form new neural pathways and force you to think quickly and formulate your thoughts clearly.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
How do sensory experiences help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Those with the best memories take advantage of all their senses. That's because memorization is a co...
How can redecorating my surroundings keep my brain sharp?
AARPAARP
Making small changes in your surroundings can alter motor pathways in the brain and encourage new ce...
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain