How can having a friendly argument help keep my mind sharp?

Choose a side. Talk sports, business or politics. If you can do it without getting angry, which raises the memory-hindering hormone cortisol, engaging in a good debate can form new neural pathways and force you to think quickly and formulate your thoughts clearly.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
How can I exercise my brain and keep it sharp?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
I believe three of the best things that you can do to keep your mind and memory sharp are: reading, ...
Can volunteer work help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Yes. Volunteer to answer questions at the library, arboretum, museum or hospital. Playing tour guide...
Brain Yoga
Brain Yoga