What can I do if I get a song stuck in my head that won’t stop repeating?

Getting a song stuck in your head that won't stop repeating is called an earworm; it's very common but it can be distracting. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, discusses earworms and her strategies for how to make it stop. 

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

8 Risk Factors for Tardive Dyskinesia
8 Risk Factors for Tardive Dyskinesia
Tardive dyskinesia is an involuntary movement disorder where prevention or early treatment is recommended. Learn if you or a loved one is at risk for ...
Is trichotillomania common?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Approximately 2 to 4 percent of the population has trichotillomania. In early childhood, the conditi...
What mental disorders are similar to schizophrenia?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
Many mental health disorders share some similar symptoms with schizophrenia. Some personality di...
How Does an MRI Help with Diagnosing Mental Disorders?