What can I do if I get a song stuck in my head that won’t stop repeating?

Getting a song stuck in your head that won't stop repeating is called an earworm; it's very common but it can be distracting. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, discusses earworms and her strategies for how to make it stop. 

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

What You Need to Know About Misophonia
What You Need to Know About Misophonia
Does the sound of someone chewing food or even hearing them breathe bother you—​alot? You may have a condition called misophonia. Also known as select...
What can I do to get my dissociative identity disorder in better control?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The following can help control symptoms of dissociative identity disorder under control:Know your tr...
What is the prognosis for adjustment disorder in veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
The prognosis for veterans with adjustment disorder is generally favorable. Adjustment disorders are...
Are the Drug Therapies for Mental Disorders Getting Better?