Are there support groups for veterans with adjustment disorder?

Veterans can locate support groups for military-related health issues through the Department of Veterans Affairs Vet Centers and VA medical facilities. Other places to inquire include community mental health centers, state hospital psychiatry departments and outpatient clinics, social service agencies, universities or medical schools with mental health programs, and religious organizations. There are numerous online support sites for veterans with chat and discussion groups, where you might find fellow vets coping with similar experiences. Consider also looking at support groups that are not specific to veterans, if the stressor that caused your adjustment disorder was experienced in your civilian life circumstances.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
Can medication help with my adjustment disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Adjustment disorder in veterans does not typically require medication for treatment. A therapist mig...
What is the treatment for dissociative identity disorder?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Treatment of dissociative identity disorder often consists of individual therapy, structure (schedul...
Are the Drug Therapies for Mental Disorders Getting Better?