How can I tell if my child has selective mutism?

The hallmark of selective mutism (SM) is the child who speaks normally at home but has never or rarely been heard to speak at school.  Oftentimes, these children might speak to another child if they are off by themselves, but has never been heard to speak when in the presence of their classmates and teacher.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
Why do some people not get help for mental disorders?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
A large proportion of people with mental disorders around the world fail to receive appropriate help...
What is adjustment disorder with depressed mood?
Adjustment disorder with depressed mood is a variation of adjustment disorder in which responding to...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What Is hostess anxiety?