How can I stop myself from hoarding food?

These steps can help keep you from hoarding food:
  • Don’t keep food in nightstands, desks or cars: Stick to eating in eating places -- in the kitchen, at the table, in a restaurant. Sometimes, those idle calories consumed in “non-eating” zones are the least healthy and are the stealth calories that lead to the extra weight.
  • Don’t overbuy: Those warehouse stores make bulk buying so tempting, but the cost savings can often result in overeating. At the end of the day, that bargain may not be worth it. Shopping at these stores may not feel like hoarding, but if your garage looks like a warehouse, it can contribute to accumulating more stuff than you need and overeating (as well as overconsumption of processed food), while rationalizing it as a bargain.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
Do anxiety disorders affect children differently than adults?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Children with anxiety disorders will have different symptoms than adults with anxiety disorders. It ...
How can I tell if my child has an anxiety disorder?
When parents are watching for anxiety in small kids, they should look for physical symptoms. If kids...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What Is hostess anxiety?