Can repetitive or intrusive thoughts signal a mental disorder?

Repetitive or intrusive thoughts are problematic and usually indicate there is some kind of anxiety or stress happening. Watch psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, explain why it's best to seek help if repetitive thoughts are an ongoing issue.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
What should I do if my relative has an acute psychotic episode?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
During an acute psychotic episode, accept the fact that the person is in an "altered reality state"....
What is adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct is a variation of adjustment disorder in which respo...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What Is hostess anxiety?