Why am I so tired during my period?

Heavy periods and fatigue may go hand in hand because heavy menstrual bleeding may lead to anemia.

Along with tiredness, other symptoms of anemia can include headaches and shortness of breath.

If you have heavy periods and find yourself dragging throughout the day, talk to your doctor. Anemia is caused by a lack of iron and can be confirmed or ruled out with a simple blood test. If you have anemia, your healthcare provider may recommend iron supplements, more iron in your diet, or both.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Can menstrual problems be prevented?
Kevin W. Windom, MDKevin W. Windom, MD
Yes, menstrual problems can be prevented. The most common menstrual problems are pain with menstrual...
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Painlessly surf the crimson wave.
Do All Women Get PMS?
Do All Women Get PMS?