Why does my stomach hurt during my period?

That feeling of your stomach hurting during your period is actually the cramping of your uterus in your abdomen. The uterus commonly cramps during menstruation, and this can cause abdominal pain.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Should I talk to my doctor about irregular menstruation?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Menstruation is a normal part of a woman's life but if you experience any irregularities or concerns...
What is menstruation?
Dr. Jessica A. Shepherd, MDDr. Jessica A. Shepherd, MD
Menstruation is the process in women of monthly vaginal bleeding. Hormone imbalances are typically t...
Are There Alternative Treatments for Menstrual Problems?