Why does my stomach hurt during my period?

That feeling of your stomach hurting during your period is actually the cramping of your uterus in your abdomen. The uterus commonly cramps during menstruation, and this can cause abdominal pain.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Why do women crave chocolate during their periods?
John La PumaJohn La Puma
This is way more than a $64000 question, and there's a lot of research about it. Chocolate releases ...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
Do All Women Get PMS?
Do All Women Get PMS?