Menstrual cramps can usually be relieved with ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin-IB, Nuprin, Ibuprin), naproxen sodium (Aleve), or aspirin (Anacin, Bayer, Bufferin, Ecotrin). Aerobic exercise also helps to decrease the severity of cramps and increases your endorphin levels. (Endorphins help the body cope with depression and physical pain.) If you have cramps, soaking in a warm tub not only helps relieve cramping, but also might help you relax if you're feeling anxious or restless.
- Q How can I skip an inconvenient period?
- Q Are menstrual problems serious?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with menstrual problems?
- Q Can dietary changes help ease menstrual problems?
- Q Are amenorrhea and menopause both the end of menstruation?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about irregular menstruation?