Menstrual cramps can usually be relieved with ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin-IB, Nuprin, Ibuprin), naproxen sodium (Aleve), or aspirin (Anacin, Bayer, Bufferin, Ecotrin). Aerobic exercise also helps to decrease the severity of cramps and increases your endorphin levels. (Endorphins help the body cope with depression and physical pain.) If you have cramps, soaking in a warm tub not only helps relieve cramping, but also might help you relax if you're feeling anxious or restless.
- Q How can I skip an inconvenient period?
- Q How do medications treat menstrual problems?
- Q Can menstrual problems cause complications?
- Q What are the symptoms of menstrual problems?
- Q When is vaginal bleeding considered heavy bleeding?
- Q What could cause me to get dizzy before my menstrual period?