How can vitamins and minerals treat menstrual problems?

Vitamin and mineral supplements may help relieve the symptoms of some menstrual problems. For example, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin B complex - particularly vitamin B6 - may ease the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). If you suffer from menstrual cramps, some research shows that omega-3, thiamin, and vitamin E supplements can help. Ask your doctor before taking a supplement, as you can damage your body if you take too much.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Is it dangerous to have irregular periods?
Daniel R. Spogen, MDDaniel R. Spogen, MD
In general, it is not dangerous to have irregular periods. Having irregular periods can be quite nor...
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Painlessly surf the crimson wave.
Is It Safe to Be on Birth Control to Regulate My Period?