Can menstrual problems cause complications?

Complications can arise from a variety of menstrual problems. For example, women can become anemic if they have abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding. Another menstrual problem, a hormonal condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome, can raise a woman's risk for high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some cancers.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Why does my stomach hurt during my period?
That feeling of your stomach hurting during your period is actually the cramping of your uterus in y...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
How Do Hormone Fluctuations Affect Women?