Can I get pregnant when I have my period?

Sari Cooper
Sexual Health

Having your period when you have sex doesn't guarantee you won't get pregnant. Find out why by watching this video featuring sex therapist Sari Cooper.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Does bleeding between periods need to be checked by a doctor?
Renee E. Cotter, MDRenee E. Cotter, MD
If it’s just a one time event, it’s not too concerning. Anything that is heavy, persistent, prolonge...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
Is It Safe to Be on Birth Control to Regulate My Period?