Is there a way to delay the menstrual cycle for a life event?

Dr. Kevin W. Windom, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrician & Gynecologist)

There are numerous birth control pill options that you can take and have only 4 menstrual cycles per year as well as there are some birth control pills that you can take continuously and never have a menstrual cycle. In some medical conditions such as menstrual migraines, endometriosis, or severe pelvic pain with your menstrual cycles, it is advantages to not have a period. I do caution my patients that if they are not having menstrual cycles and they are not on birth control pills that this can be a concern and a medical problem, but if they are on birth control pills and not having a period, this is fine.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?
How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?
Do Women Get Pregnant More Often than They Used To?
What Is the Average Age When Menses Begins?
How Many Women Have Intense PMS?
How Many Women Have Intense PMS?