What are the risks of circumcision for someone with phimosis?

Circumcision is the only certain cure for phimosis, but it also has its share of risks. It can involve significant bleeding, pain, and recovery time. Serious complications, such as infection and disfigurement, occur in about 2 percent of circumcision procedures. When circumcision is performed on males with certain penile conditions, it can actually cause phimosis.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

How Dads May Increase Their Kids’ Health Risks
Mila Kunis couldn’t contain herself after late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said, “My wife and I are pregnant.” “Oh,” she said to him, “you’re both having ...
Are there any foods that can increase my sperm count?
Lionel M. Bissoon, MDLionel M. Bissoon, MD
All naturally occurring foods will help to increase sperm production. Most foods don't have a direct...
Is circumcision medically necessary?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Most of the time, circumcision is not necessary. For many years, it was believed that circumcision d...
Is It Better for the Penis to Be Circumcised?