What are the risks of circumcision for someone with phimosis?

Circumcision is the only certain cure for phimosis, but it also has its share of risks. It can involve significant bleeding, pain, and recovery time. Serious complications, such as infection and disfigurement, occur in about 2 percent of circumcision procedures. When circumcision is performed on males with certain penile conditions, it can actually cause phimosis.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

The Older Man’s Guide to Satisfying Sex
The Older Man’s Guide to Satisfying Sex
You may not have the sex drive you once had, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a satisfying sex life. In fact, a 2015 UK survey of more than 7,000 ...
What can I do to help avoid abnormal sperm?
You wouldn't think appearances count with sperm, but looks matter. Abnormal-looking sperm (bumpy hea...
How can I keep my sperm healthy?
Take these steps -- starting today -- for super-swimmer sperm:Eat little to no bad fats and more g...
What Type of Physician Treats Erectile Dysfunction?