How long does it take for a circumcision wound to heal?

Jennifer S. Singer, MD
Urology
A circumcision site will heal in about a week. It will look very bruised and can look swollen. There can be some hematoma formation, which is a little blood collection under the foreskin, and that might take up to a week to resolve. After a week it will look like a well-healed circumcision site.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

How Dads May Increase Their Kids’ Health Risks
Mila Kunis couldn’t contain herself after late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said, “My wife and I are pregnant.” “Oh,” she said to him, “you’re both having ...
What can I do to optimize my sperm count?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
The most important thing to do to optimize your sperm count is to avoid things that can lower sperm ...
What are common complications of circumcision?
Jennifer S. Singer, MDJennifer S. Singer, MD
There are some common complications of circumcision, such as: Penile adhesions: The foreskin wil...
How Can Lack of Sleep Affect My Erections?