Can male infertility be hereditary?

Mounting evidence suggests that male infertility may be added to the growing list of adult diseases that originate in the fetus. Researchers studying the epigenetics of DNA found that sperm DNA from men with abnormal sperm or low sperm counts had high levels of methylation—one of the ways the body regulates gene expression. That methylated DNA becomes half of the fetus's genome—a perfect example of how epigenetic effects can be passed on from one generation to the next.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

The Top Health Benefits of Sex
The Top Health Benefits of Sex
There are a lot of great reasons to get excited about that time between the sheets with your partner. It feels so good—that goes without saying—but di...
What are the medical benefits and risks to circumcision?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
There are medical benefits and risks to circumcision. Possible benefits include:A lower risk of urin...
What are treatment options for male impotence?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
Treatment options for male impotence begins with oral medications, says Jayram Krishnan, DO, a urolo...
Are There Any Psychological Issues Associated with Erectile Dysfunction?