Can I have sex after a circumcision?

Jennifer S. Singer, MD
Urology
There can be no intercourse or masturbation for at least four weeks after circumcision. In terms of everyday activity, start with a couple days of light activity to keep the risk of bleeding down; regular activity can resume shortly thereafter.

Continue Learning about Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

Awesome Facts About the Male Orgasm
Awesome Facts About the Male Orgasm
You've probably had more orgasms in your life than you can count. Whether from self-stimulation or sexual intercourse, reaching orgasm is proof that y...
What is circumcision?
Jennifer S. Singer, MDJennifer S. Singer, MD
A circumcision is a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin, which covers the head of the penis. I...
What is the relationship between infertility and prostate diseases?
Some studies suggest there is a link between infertility and prostate diseases. A recent study found...
How Will Having My Prostate Removed Affect My Sex Life?