What tests should I have for andropause?

To test for andropause, or low testosterone, a man should get a total testosterone level, which should include the serum-free testosterone and protein-bound testosterone. Generally normal values are between 300-800. If your testosterone level is low, then further work up may be indicated to identify if the problem is in the Leydig cells that produce testosterone, or the cells in your brain that produce hormones to activate the Leydig cells.
Physicians will administer a physical to determine if you have symptoms indicative of andropause. Blood tests determine hormonal levels, but they need to be done right and do demand expertise in interpretation, as well as a good lab.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

All About Men: Easy Way to Relieve Work Stress
Are you a man with a never-satisfied boss, cranky clients, and a mile-long to-do list? It’s time to make friends at work. Constant job strain is a ma...
What causes erectile dysfunction (ED)?
There are multiple causes. Psychogenic causes include stress, depression, and anxiety. Clinical caus...
9 Best Anti-Aging Tips for Men
9 Best Anti-Aging Tips for Men9 Best Anti-Aging Tips for Men9 Best Anti-Aging Tips for Men9 Best Anti-Aging Tips for Men
Feeling young and staying strong doesn't have to be difficult. Here are some simple solutions for men. 
How Can I Talk About My Premature Ejaculation with My Partner?