What can men do to feel happier, less stressed out and less anxious?

Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
Psychiatrist (Therapist)

To feel less anxious, it's important for men to have a healthy, balanced lifestyle routine, as well as friendships and interests. In this video, I will discuss factors that could help men feel happier and less stressed.

Getting more sleep, eating a healthy diet, getting into shape, and enjoying your sex life are all ways men can reduce stress and feel happier. Watch me discuss the lifestyle changes men should make to combat anxiety.

Getting annual physicals, regular exercise, and enjoying quality time at home are all ways men can lower their stress levels. Watch men's health and HIV/AIDS specialist Frank Spinelli, MD, discuss how men can feel happier in their daily lives.

To feel happier, less stressed out and less anxious, men can look upon self-care and well-being habits as investments in themselves—investments with a high rate of return in the form of feeling happier, healthier and more productive. Lifestyle modification can consist of a variety of strategies, such as healthier eating, exercise and physical activity, getting adequate sleep, reducing stress and spiritual fulfillment. However, it's important to remember that no two men are the same and men should tailor whatever strategies they use to their own life and goals.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

Why Men Should Ditch the Dad Bod
Why Men Should Ditch the Dad Bod
When Matt Damon prepared to star as Gardner Lodge in the George Clooney–directed movie Suburbicon, he destroyed his Jason Borne washboard abs and show...
What nutritional supplements do men need daily?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
Men generally tend to care more about their cars than their bodies. Some men spend more than their c...
5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't
5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't
Don't like tests? Too busy? Embarrassed? Go anyway. It could save your life.
How Does Drinking Alcohol Affect My Ability to Have an Erection?