What should I do if I have pain or a mass in my testicle or scrotum?

Johns Hopkins Medicine

When pain or a mass develops in the testicle or scrotum, one should be evaluated by a physician to rule out infection or, less commonly, a tumor. In patients where pain persists, despite antibiotic therapy, an ultrasound is usually recommended to rule out a tumor.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.