Do men experience changes at midlife similar to menopause?

Staness Jonekos
Health Education
Women are not alone suffering from changes. Men also have midlife challenges, both physically and emotionally. Declining testosterone can affect libido, moods and sexual performance. Generally, a man’s hormones change gradually compared to the woman’s experience during menopause, so it may not be obvious to the man that he too is changing. Some of these unwelcomed changes may include midlife stress, as well as health and aging issues. If both partners are experiencing change, the relationship may be on an emotional roller coaster.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

The Health Move Guys Must Do
The Health Move Guys Must Do
What do guys in the United States and Canada have in common? Okay -- a love of fishing and hockey (and Megan Fox), maybe. But here's where we were goi...
What might have caused the pain and swelling I had in one of my testicles?
Pain and swelling in the testicles can be from many different things. It can be a sign of very s...
Essential Health Tests for Men at Any Age
Essential Health Tests for Men at Any AgeEssential Health Tests for Men at Any AgeEssential Health Tests for Men at Any AgeEssential Health Tests for Men at Any Age
Track your health with these screening tests.
Are Men More Likely to Do Idiotic Things Than Women?