Do men experience changes at midlife similar to menopause?

Staness Jonekos
Health Education
Women are not alone suffering from changes. Men also have midlife challenges, both physically and emotionally. Declining testosterone can affect libido, moods and sexual performance. Generally, a man’s hormones change gradually compared to the woman’s experience during menopause, so it may not be obvious to the man that he too is changing. Some of these unwelcomed changes may include midlife stress, as well as health and aging issues. If both partners are experiencing change, the relationship may be on an emotional roller coaster.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

Men: Take Control of Your Sexual Health
Men: Take Control of Your Sexual Health
 Fellas, we know that you’re more than capable of taking care of yourself, but the sad truth is when it comes to your health you’re under-screened, do...
When should a man start focusing on producing healthy sperm?
It takes about 90 days for sperm to be manufactured and to mature, so you should ideally watch what ...
4 Ways to Celebrate Dad on Father’s Day
4 Ways to Celebrate Dad on Father’s Day4 Ways to Celebrate Dad on Father’s Day4 Ways to Celebrate Dad on Father’s Day4 Ways to Celebrate Dad on Father’s Day
Boost Dad's health and make him feel extra special at the same time.
Should I Get a Prostate Cancer Screening If I Have No Family History of It?