Why would a man want a facial?

A facial is a treatment that deep-cleans, exfoliates, or hydrates the skin -- or all three, depending on your needs. During the treatment, dead skin cells are removed and debris is extracted from the pores. If you have any skin concerns, it's a good idea to talk with your dermatologist before booking a treatment appointment.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

As a young man, do I need to worry about applying sunscreen?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Sunscreen application is important any day you'll be outside. Men and women should use sunscreen to ...
Do I need to use a special shaving gel if I have sensitive facial skin?
Talk with your dermatologist for advice on which shaving gel might be right for you if you have ...
How should men care for their lips?
Everyone should use a lip balm with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. Look for broad...
Is it ok to shave against the grain to get stubborn hairs?
Avoid shaving against the grain, which can irritate the skin. Try to shave in the direction that...