Why should men care for their hands?

Men should care for their hands for the following reasons:
  • To prevent injury: Wearing gloves when lifting, carrying or manipulating objects is important.
  • To keep the skin supple: Use moisturizers.
  • To help keep the hands functional and pain free: Avoid excess sun or irritant exposure. 
It's important to use a hand cream, especially after washing your hands, to retain much-needed moisture in your skin. When it comes to caring for their hands, men should also have a regular nail care regimen to keep their nails healthy and minimize the risk of infection. Keep your nails clean and dry and cut them straight across to prevent ingrown nails. Avoid biting your fingernails, as this can transfer infections. If you notice any changes or discolorations in your nails, see your dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I avoid in men's skin care products?
The ingredients you may want to avoid in skincare products will depend on your particular skin t...
Is it OK for men to use women's skincare products?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Yes! Male skin is totally different from female skin on some levels and exactly the same on others. ...
Are men’s body washes better than regular soap?
Whether or not a body wash is "better" than soap may depend on the particular body wash and the ...
Can I use my wife's sunless tanning products?
Sunless tanning products are designed to give you that sun-kissed look without exposure to the s...