What ingredients should I avoid in a shaving gel for my face?

The skincare products you choose should depend on your skin type. People with sensitive skin may want to avoid certain ingredients such as alcohol, which can be irritating. Check with your dermatologist about the right skincare products for you. To help avoid skin irritation and nicks while shaving, shave your face when the skin is wet, and shave with the hair, not against it. Also be sure your razor is clean and sharp.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there any side effects of using aftershave?
Side effects are possible when you use any type of skincare product. Men with sensitive skin are...
Do I need to use a special shaving gel if I have sensitive facial skin?
Talk with your dermatologist for advice on which shaving gel might be right for you if you have ...
Can I shave my face with the women's shaving gel my wife uses?
You can use the shaving gel your wife uses on her legs to shave your face, but it may not be the...
What causes men to develop dry skin?
There are several common reasons why a man may develop dry skin. In the winter, spending a lot o...