What ingredients should I avoid in a shaving gel for my face?

The skincare products you choose should depend on your skin type. People with sensitive skin may want to avoid certain ingredients such as alcohol, which can be irritating. Check with your dermatologist about the right skincare products for you. To help avoid skin irritation and nicks while shaving, shave your face when the skin is wet, and shave with the hair, not against it. Also be sure your razor is clean and sharp.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there sensitive skin cleansers made just for men?
There are sensitive skin cleansers made just for men. They are usually labeled as such on the fr...
Do men need to use a skin toner?
Toners are often used to wipe away traces of oil, dirt, and, usually in the case of women, makeu...
How are moisturizers made for men different than those made for women?
Both men and women can benefit from moisturizing regularly. There are many different kinds of mo...
What ingredients should I avoid in men's skin care products?
The ingredients you may want to avoid in skincare products will depend on your particular skin t...