What ingredients should I avoid in a shaving gel for my face?

The skincare products you choose should depend on your skin type. People with sensitive skin may want to avoid certain ingredients such as alcohol, which can be irritating. Check with your dermatologist about the right skincare products for you. To help avoid skin irritation and nicks while shaving, shave your face when the skin is wet, and shave with the hair, not against it. Also be sure your razor is clean and sharp.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Men's Beauty & Personal Care

A man's personal care routine can go beyond cleansing and shaving, but it's important to get the basics down right. Moisturizing and applying sunscreen before heading out the door are important steps for skincare that many men mis...

s. Get expert advice from Sharecare on avoiding ingrown hairs and wrinkles, and find out what ingredients men should look for in products from aftershave to soap.