What are the benefits of using a shaving gel on my face?

Shaving gel softens the hair on your face for easier removal and may also have a moisturizing effect. Many shaving gels are gentler on the skin than regular soaps. You can find different varieties that contain moisturizers, vitamins, and botanicals. Talk with your dermatologist for advice on the right skincare products for you.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Can I use my wife's moisturizer?
You can probably use your wife's moisturizer, if you have similar skin types. If you have sensit...
Are there anti-aging skin products made just for men?
Should you choose to look into anti-aging products, talk to a dermatologist for help in selectin...
What kind of shaving cream do I need to use if I have sensitive skin?
Certain shaving product ingredients, such as alcohol, may cause irritation in people with sensit...
Is it ok to shave against the grain to get stubborn hairs?
Avoid shaving against the grain, which can irritate the skin. Try to shave in the direction that...