What ingredients should I avoid in men's skin care products?

The ingredients you may want to avoid in skincare products will depend on your particular skin type. If your skin is acne-prone, your dermatologist may recommend that you avoid products that contain ingredients that might clog pores, and look instead for skincare products formulated to be noncomedogenic, or unlikely to cause acne. If your skin is sensitive, you may need to avoid products that contain potential skin irritants, such as alcohol. If your skin is dry, you may want to look for more moisturizing products. Your dermatologist can not only pinpoint your skin's special needs, but also guide you in choosing the best products for your skin.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Why would a man want a facial?
A facial is a treatment that deep-cleans, exfoliates, or hydrates the skin -- or all three, depe...
Is it better for my face if I shave in the shower?
The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm...
As a young man, do I need to worry about applying sunscreen?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
A concern for the gentlemen is the use of sunscreen. When you're in your 20s and 30s, you are usuall...
Will warm shaving cream give me a closer facial shave?
Some men prefer the way warm shaving cream feels on their face. However, your goal should not be...