What ingredients should I avoid in men's skin care products?

The ingredients you may want to avoid in skincare products will depend on your particular skin type. If your skin is acne-prone, your dermatologist may recommend that you avoid products that contain ingredients that might clog pores, and look instead for skincare products formulated to be noncomedogenic, or unlikely to cause acne. If your skin is sensitive, you may need to avoid products that contain potential skin irritants, such as alcohol. If your skin is dry, you may want to look for more moisturizing products. Your dermatologist can not only pinpoint your skin's special needs, but also guide you in choosing the best products for your skin.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there sensitive skin cleansers made just for men?
There are sensitive skin cleansers made just for men. They are usually labeled as such on the fr...
What's a good daily moisturizing routine for men?
A good moisturizing routine for a man depends on his skin type. Men with dry skin should moistur...
Are men’s body washes better than regular soap?
Whether or not a body wash is "better" than soap may depend on the particular body wash and the ...
Will pressing harder when I shave remove more facial hair?
Overzealous pressure while shaving can damage the skin. If you have acne, shaving lightly can he...