Should I try to avoid pimples with my razor when I shave my face?

If you have acne, take extra care when you shave your face. Wet your beard with lukewarm water before you shave. Use a sharp razor, which is less likely to cause nicks and skin irritation that can make acne worse. As you shave over pimples, use a light touch. That will help prevent nicking a pimple. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should men avoid in sunless tanning products?
Depending on your skin type, the ingredients you need to avoid in sunless tanning products may b...
What can a man do for his skin to reduce the signs of aging?
Men can help reduce the signs of aging by using sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of ...
How should men with facial hair apply skin toner?
Ashley LazzariniAshley Lazzarini
Apply toner in sweeping motions with a cotton pad in the direction of hair growth. By doing this, yo...
Do I need to use a special aftershave if I have sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, look for an aftershave that doesn't contain fragrance or alcohol, wh...