Is it ok to shave my face with dry skin if I am in a hurry?

The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm water and use a shaving cream or gel to moisten the skin and soften your beard hairs. Shaving with a non-electric razor when the skin is dry is likely to irritate your skin and cause razor burn. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What cosmetics should men consider using?
Both men and women should choose the best cosmetics for their own needs and skin type. Consult y...
Do men need to use skincare products?
Men need skincare products just as much as women do to look and feel healthy. These products don...
Are multi-blade razors less irritating to facial skin?
Today razors are available with as many as five blades. The only way to know for sure whether yo...
How is moisturizing for men different than it is for women?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), both men and women can benefit from usin...