Is it ok to shave my face with dry skin if I am in a hurry?

The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm water and use a shaving cream or gel to moisten the skin and soften your beard hairs. Shaving with a non-electric razor when the skin is dry is likely to irritate your skin and cause razor burn. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What causes men to develop dry skin?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
There are a number of contributors to this problem, but most men find this to be a real problem in t...
Should I shave my face everyday if I don’t need to?
Whether or not to shave your face daily is a personal decision. If you are comfortable with it, ...
How is moisturizing for men different than it is for women?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), both men and women can benefit from usin...
When should men learn to shave?
Learning to shave is often viewed as a rite of passage for young men. Most boys have a significa...