Is it ok to shave against the grain to get stubborn hairs?

Avoid shaving against the grain, which can irritate the skin. Try to shave in the direction that your hair grows For a healthy shave, wet your beard first. Avoid repeating strokes. Don't stretch your skin with your free hand or by twisting your mouth into a funny shape. Instead, let your skin relax. If shaving irritates your skin, talk to your dermatologist about ways to avoid this problem.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I look for in a shaving gel for my face?
When choosing a shaving gel for your face, you may select from a variety of gels that contain mo...
What ingredients should men look for in an anti-aging skincare product?
Should you choose to look into anti-aging products, there are several ingredients that have been...
What causes men to develop dry skin?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
There are a number of contributors to this problem, but most men find this to be a real problem in t...
Can I use my wife's hand lotion?
A hand lotion can be beneficial for anyone with dry skin on their hands. Using hand cream, espec...