Is it normal to cut yourself when shaving your face?

Following a few simple steps can help you to avoid cuts and other problems, such as skin irritation, when you shave. Always wet your facial hair before shaving. Shave in the direction that your hair grows; avoid shaving against the grain. Try to avoid repeating strokes, too. Don't stretch the skin on your face as you shave; leave it relaxed. If you have pimples on your face, shave over them lightly to avoid nicks. If you have a persistent problem with nicks from using a safety razor, consider switching to an electric razor. Talk to a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

How is moisturizing for men different than it is for women?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), both men and women can benefit from usin...
How can men avoid skin dryness without having to use a lotion?
A doctor usually recommends the following steps to help men avoid dry skin: Drink plenty of water ...
What is a safety razor?
A safety razor is simply a razor with protective guard around the blade to help you avoid cuttin...
What ingredients should I avoid in a shaving gel for my face?
The skincare products you choose should depend on your skin type. People with sensitive skin may...