Is it normal to cut yourself when shaving your face?

Following a few simple steps can help you to avoid cuts and other problems, such as skin irritation, when you shave. Always wet your facial hair before shaving. Shave in the direction that your hair grows; avoid shaving against the grain. Try to avoid repeating strokes, too. Don't stretch the skin on your face as you shave; leave it relaxed. If you have pimples on your face, shave over them lightly to avoid nicks. If you have a persistent problem with nicks from using a safety razor, consider switching to an electric razor. Talk to a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I avoid in aftershave?
You may want to avoid aftershave and other skincare products that contain ingredients that can b...
Are there any side effects of using a shaving gel on my face?
You're unlikely to have side effects from using shaving gel. Most contain lubricants and moistur...
Can I use my wife's skin cleanser?
Determining the right cleanser for your skin starts with understanding your skin type. You could...
What are some tips men can use to avoid ingrown hairs while shaving?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
To guard against ingrown hairs during shaving, try the following suggestions:• First, when you shave...