How do I prevent razor burn when shaving my face and neck?

To prevent razor burn while shaving your face and neck, be sure to thoroughly wet the beard and then shave in the direction that the hair grows, not against it. Avoid repeated strokes on the same area, and keep the skin relaxed while you shave. If the problem of razor burn persists, see your dermatologist for advice.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should men look for in an anti-aging skincare product?
James M.. WilmottJames M.. Wilmott
Men, at least in the United States, seldom use a regimen of products to treat their skin.  Their ski...
Do men need to use a skin toner?
Toners are often used to wipe away traces of oil, dirt, and, usually in the case of women, makeu...
What are the benefits of using aftershave?
A well-chosen aftershave can help to prevent discomfort that may occur following a shave. Shavin...
Can I use my wife's sunless tanning products?
Sunless tanning products are designed to give you that sun-kissed look without exposure to the s...