How should a man with a beard exfoliate his face?

Whether or not you should exfoliate your facial skin depends on your skin type. Dry skin can be sensitive, and if your skin is dry, dermatologists suggest that exfoliating once a week is sufficient. For oily skin, exfoliating once or twice a week is probably sufficient, but don't exfoliate when you have acne breakouts, as the friction can exacerbate the problem. Talk to your dermatologist for advice on the best skincare routine and products for your skin.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Do men need to exfoliate their skin?
Many men can exfoliate their skin if needed. However, men with sensitive skin should avoid exfol...
How can a man reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles?
The first thing you can do to reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles is to prevent them in the fi...
Should I try to avoid pimples with my razor when I shave my face?
If you have acne, take extra care when you shave your face. Wet your beard with lukewarm water b...
What are the most important skincare products for men to use?
Two of the most important skincare products that every man should use are moisturizer and sunscr...