How long should it take to shave my face?

How long it takes you to shave your face is less important than using good technique. For a great shave that protects your facial skin, follow these steps recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology:

• Always wet your beard first.
  • As you shave, don't go against the grain; always shave in the direction your hair grows.
  • Try to shave every patch of skin just once; avoid repeating strokes.
  • Keep the skin on your face relaxed. Don't contort your mouth or use your free hand to stretch your facial skin.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there cosmetics formulated for men?
Some manufacturers do make cosmetics specifically for men, from face powders to concealers and b...
Is it ok to shave against the grain to get stubborn hairs?
Avoid shaving against the grain, which can irritate the skin. Try to shave in the direction that...
Are there sensitive skin moisturizers made just for men?
There are a variety of sensitive skin products made just for men. They are usually labeled as su...
Do I need to use a special aftershave if I have sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, look for an aftershave that doesn't contain fragrance or alcohol, wh...