Do I need to use aftershave when shaving my face and neck?

Applying aftershave to your face and neck after you shave can help to minimize irritation and skin dryness. Shaving can remove the outermost layer of skin, which takes away your face's protective barrier. Aftershave with moisturizer can protect your face and relieve post-shave discomfort. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Can shaving against the direction facial hair grows give a closer shave?
One of the best ways to prevent razor burn is to shave in the direction the hair grows, not agai...
How should men with facial hair apply skin toner?
Ashley LazzariniAshley Lazzarini
Apply toner in sweeping motions with a cotton pad in the direction of hair growth. By doing this, yo...
What ingredients should a man look for in sunless tanning products?
Sunless tanning products are designed to give you that sun-kissed look without exposure to the s...
What ingredients should I avoid in aftershave?
You may want to avoid aftershave and other skincare products that contain ingredients that can b...