Do I need to use a special aftershave if I have sensitive skin?

If you have sensitive skin, look for an aftershave that doesn't contain fragrance or alcohol, which can potentially irritate the skin. Choose an aftershave product that contains moisturizer, which can soothe skin irritation and prevent dryness. Also, be sure you're using proper shaving technique to minimize irritation. Thoroughly wet your beard with warm water before shaving. Shave in the direction that your hair grows, and avoid repeated strokes over the same area. Talk to a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should men look for in a concealer?
If you are interested in using concealer, talk to your dermatologist about which one is right fo...
Are people who give women manicures qualified to give one to a man?
Whether you are a man or a woman, it’s important to remember that manicures and pedicures done a...
Do I need to use a special shaving gel if I have sensitive facial skin?
Talk with your dermatologist for advice on which shaving gel might be right for you if you have ...
Can I use my wife's skin toner?
Toners are often used to wipe away traces of oil, dirt, and, usually in the case of women, makeu...