Do I need to use a special aftershave if I have sensitive skin?

If you have sensitive skin, look for an aftershave that doesn't contain fragrance or alcohol, which can potentially irritate the skin. Choose an aftershave product that contains moisturizer, which can soothe skin irritation and prevent dryness. Also, be sure you're using proper shaving technique to minimize irritation. Thoroughly wet your beard with warm water before shaving. Shave in the direction that your hair grows, and avoid repeated strokes over the same area. Talk to a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Why would a man want a facial?
A facial is a treatment that deep-cleans, exfoliates, or hydrates the skin -- or all three, depe...
How can a man reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles?
The first thing you can do to reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles is to prevent them in the fi...
When should men learn to shave?
Learning to shave is often viewed as a rite of passage for young men. Most boys have a significa...
Where can men learn more about nail care?
Men can learn more about nail care by visiting the website of the American Academy of Dermatolog...