Do shaving products that foam give a closer facial shave?

Though you might prefer a nice, close shave, choosing shaving products that give the closest possible shave shouldn't be your goal, especially if you have sensitive skin. Getting a close shave increases the risk for nicks and skin irritation, which can be significant in some men. If you aren't sure what shaving products are best for your skin, talk to a dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

How should men care for their lips?
Everyone should use a lip balm with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. Look for broad...
Is it OK for men to use women's skincare products?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Yes! Male skin is totally different from female skin on some levels and exactly the same on others. ...
How do I avoid missing spots when shaving my face?
You may be missing spots on your face when you shave because of your technique. To ensure that y...
What causes men to develop dry skin?
There are several common reasons why a man may develop dry skin. In the winter, spending a lot o...