Do men need to use skincare products?

Men need skincare products just as much as women do to look and feel healthy. These products don't need to be expensive or fancy. Two of the most important skincare needs are to moisturize and to protect yourself from sun damage. It's a good idea to use a moisturizing lotion and to make sure that you use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher. Also, consider using a mild cleanser that contains moisturizing ingredients, to help prevent skin dryness. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

How should men with lots of body hair apply sunless tanning products?
Ask your dermatologist if a sunless tanner is safe and recommended for your skin and, if so, how...
As a young man, do I need to worry about applying sunscreen?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Sunscreen application is important any day you'll be outside. Men and women should use sunscreen to ...
Can I use my wife's facial mask?
Whether or not you need a facial mask depends on your skin type and what sort of skin problems y...
Is it better for my face if I shave in the shower?
The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm...