Can I use my wife's cosmetics?

Ask your dermatologist if using your wife's cosmetics is both safe and smart for your skin type. Your wife's cosmetics may not be optimal for your skin, because men's skin differs from women's skin. For example, men's bodies produce more male hormones which, in turn, stimulate the oil glands of the skin, producing more oil (sebum). For this reason, men don't experience dry skin as often as women do. However, because men shave their facial skin, they may be more prone to skin irritation. The best course of action to determine which products are appropriate for you is to consult your dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Can shaving against the direction facial hair grows give a closer shave?
One of the best ways to prevent razor burn is to shave in the direction the hair grows, not agai...
Do men need to care for their lips?
Men need to care for their lips to protect them from sunburn, skin cancers, and excessive drynes...
What can a man do for his skin to reduce the signs of aging?
Men can help reduce the signs of aging by using sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of ...
How should men use skin toner?
Talk with your dermatologist for advice on whether you should be using a skin toner. People with...