Can shaving against the direction facial hair grows give a closer shave?

One of the best ways to prevent razor burn is to shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it. Shaving "against the grain" is more likely to lead to irritation and cuts, whether or not it gives you a closer shave. It's also a good idea to thoroughly wet your beard before shaving and avoid repeated strokes on the same area. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients in anti-aging skincare products should men avoid?
Talk to a dermatologist about which skincare products might be right for you and which you shoul...
Should I shave my face everyday if I don’t need to?
Whether or not to shave your face daily is a personal decision. If you are comfortable with it, ...
What ingredients should men avoid in a skin toner?
People with sensitive skin should avoid products that contain alcohol. Men or women with acne sh...
Is it ok to shave against the grain to get stubborn hairs?
Avoid shaving against the grain, which can irritate the skin. Try to shave in the direction that...