Can I shave my face with the women's shaving gel my wife uses?

You can use the shaving gel your wife uses on her legs to shave your face, but it may not be the ideal shaving product for you. Men's skin is different from women's. It secretes more oil, is thicker, and produces thicker hair. So shaving creams, gels, and soaps made for men are best for shaving your face. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I look for in men's skin care products?
The skincare routine you follow should depend on your skin type. Although some men don't bother ...
How are moisturizers made for men different than those made for women?
Both men and women can benefit from moisturizing regularly. There are many different kinds of mo...
What ingredients in anti-aging skincare products should men avoid?
Talk to a dermatologist about which skincare products might be right for you and which you shoul...
What kind of shaving cream do I need to use if I have sensitive skin?
Certain shaving product ingredients, such as alcohol, may cause irritation in people with sensit...