Are there any side effects of using a shaving gel on my face?

You're unlikely to have side effects from using shaving gel. Most contain lubricants and moisturizers and are gentle on the skin. However, different products contain different ingredients. For example, some contain special moisturizers, vitamins, and botanicals. It's always possible that you may have a reaction to an ingredient in a shaving gel. Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

How can a man reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles?
The first thing you can do to reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles is to prevent them in the fi...
What is the most common skin care mistake made by men?
Not using sunscreen every day is the most common skincare mistake that men make. Only 5% of men ...
What causes men to develop dry skin?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
There are a number of contributors to this problem, but most men find this to be a real problem in t...
Should I try to avoid pimples with my razor when I shave my face?
If you have acne, take extra care when you shave your face. Wet your beard with lukewarm water b...