In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?
- Q What is the key to a healthy midlife transition?
- Q How can I keep menopause from wrecking my marriage or relationship?
- Q How do I adjust to intimacy changes caused by menopause?
- Q How can I improve my posture during menopause?
- Q How can I cope with the changes of midlife and menopause?