In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q What can help prevent vaginal dryness during menopause?
- Q How can I improve my posture during menopause?
- Q How do I adjust to intimacy changes caused by menopause?
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?
- Q Can estrogen creams improve skin during menopause?
- Q Why do menopausal women need pelvic exams?