In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q Why are healthy lifestyle habits helpful during menopause?
- Q How can I manage insomnia that occurs during menopause?
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?
- Q How can I make time for spirituality during menopause?
- Q What are the strategies for celebrating our life at menopause?
- Q How can I reduce problems associated with the menopause transition?