In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q How can family and friends help me through menopause?
- Q How can I manage the effects of menopause?
- Q How can I make time for spirituality during menopause?
- Q What can I do to stay healthy during menopause?
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?
- Q Can estrogen creams improve skin during menopause?