In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q How can I manage insomnia that occurs during menopause?
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?
- Q What can help prevent vaginal dryness during menopause?
- Q How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
- Q Why do menopausal women need pelvic exams?
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?