In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?
- Q What is the key to a healthy midlife transition?
- Q How can I manage insomnia that occurs during menopause?
- Q How can I make time for spirituality during menopause?
- Q How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?