In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q What can help prevent vaginal dryness during menopause?
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?
- Q What are the strategies for celebrating our life at menopause?
- Q How can I manage insomnia that occurs during menopause?
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?