In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q Why are healthy lifestyle habits helpful during menopause?
- Q How can family and friends help me through menopause?
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?
- Q How can I cope with the changes of midlife and menopause?
- Q Can estrogen creams improve skin during menopause?
- Q How can I manage insomnia that occurs during menopause?