In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?
- Q How can I make time for spirituality during menopause?
- Q Why do menopausal women need pelvic exams?
- Q What are the strategies for celebrating our life at menopause?
- Q How can I reduce problems associated with the menopause transition?