In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q Can estrogen creams improve skin during menopause?
- Q How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?
- Q How do I adjust to intimacy changes caused by menopause?
- Q What can I do to stay healthy during menopause?
- Q How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?