In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q Why are healthy lifestyle habits helpful during menopause?
- Q How can I keep menopause from wrecking my marriage or relationship?
- Q How often should menopausal women get pelvic exams?
- Q What are the strategies for celebrating our life at menopause?
- Q What can I do to stay healthy during menopause?
- Q How can I avoid sleep problems during menopause?