In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q What are some ways to help me relax at home during menopause?
- Q How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
- Q How can I reduce problems associated with the menopause transition?
- Q What can help prevent vaginal dryness during menopause?
- Q How do I adjust to intimacy changes caused by menopause?
- Q What can I do to stay healthy during menopause?