In some women, high levels of progesterone and other progestin hormones may decrease the body’s sensitivity to insulin. High levels of estrogen tend to improve insulin sensitivity. As you start the transition of menopause, you’ll want to pay close attention to the effects it will have on your blood glucose levels.
- Q Why are healthy lifestyle habits helpful during menopause?
- Q How can I manage the effects of menopause?
- Q What physiological changes occur in the menopausal transition?
- Q What are some ways to help me relax at home during menopause?
- Q How do I adjust to intimacy changes caused by menopause?
- Q How can I keep menopause from wrecking my marriage or relationship?