Plant-based foods that contain isoflavones (plant estrogens) work in the body like a weak form of estrogen. For this reason, soy may help relieve menopause symptoms, although research results are contradictory. Some may help lower cholesterol levels and have been suggested to relieve hot flashes and night sweats. Isoflavones can be found in foods such as tofu and soy milk.
- Q What are healthy dairy choices for women after menopause?
- Q Can food and drinks affect health during menopause?
- Q How can foods help me to sleep better during menopause?
- Q Why should I eat flaxseed if I'm going through menopause?
- Q How do I correct hormonal deficiencies with nutritional supplements?
- Q What nutrients should I try to increase after menopause?