Why is it hard to lose weight during menopause?

Most women gain weight, especially in their midsection, around menopause. This midlife weight gain is partly because of hormonal changes associated with menopause. However, weight gain is also associated with inadequate physical activity, and women tend to be less physically active as they grow older. To avoid weight gain, reduce calorie intake and make exercise a priority. In fact, you may need to eat less and exercise more than you did when you were younger to lose weight or to maintain a healthy weight because your metabolism naturally slows as you age.

Continue Learning about Menopause

3 Tips to Ease Menopause Symptoms
3 Tips to Ease Menopause Symptoms
Even with the recent news that hormone replacement therapy is once again okay for treating menopause symptoms, there’s plenty else you can do to manag...
Is menopause affected by when I started my first period?
Menopause for each woman is not based on when she first started menstruating. It isn't based on how ...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Can Herbal Remedies Reduce Symptoms of Menopause?