What are some ways to help me relax at home during menopause?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Relaxing at home during stressful times can be very helpful through menopause. Try to find positive ways to unwind during the day. If you are able to take the time to reduce stress every day, you will generally feel more relaxed. Try to find a good book to take your mind off of stress. Another way to relax at home is to take a walk outside, reflecting on the beauty and peace of the outdoors.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
In one episode of That 70’s Show, the mom, Kitty, is going through menopause. So, Dad and his son Eric decide to look up menopause in the encyclopedia...
How can daily exercise help me through menopause?
Dr. Gregory A. Johnson, MDDr. Gregory A. Johnson, MD
Exercise increases estrogen levels, endorphins (natural opiates) and serotonin, all of which decreas...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
How Does Menopause Affect My Risk of Heart Disease?