Should I talk to my doctor about my menopausal bleeding?

You should talk to your doctor if you experience menopausal bleeding. While many noncancerous conditions can cause this symptom, menopausal bleeding can also indicate that you have a serious condition, such as endometrial cancer. If you have not completed menopause, you should speak to your doctor if: your bleeding has become much heavier; you bleed between periods; you bleed after having sex; or you bleed more often than usual.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Feel like the only thing that fluctuates more than your hormones is the consensus on hormone therapy? The truth is, hormone therapy—used to manage men...
What are some symptoms of menopause that people don't usually talk about?
There are some symptoms of menopause that people don't usually talk about. Here are some things wome...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
What Are Treatment Options for Menopause Symptoms?