Are support groups important for menopausal depression?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Talking through menopausal issues with family and friends who have experienced menopause can be a tremendous help. Support groups or counselors can greatly help emotional well-being, too. If you don't have support, be sure to talk with your doctor about any community groups that may be available.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Feel like the only thing that fluctuates more than your hormones is the consensus on hormone therapy? The truth is, hormone therapy—used to manage men...
What causes perimenopause?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Perimenopause is caused by the natural aging process. As a woman gets older, her body gradually prod...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Can I Tell When a Hot Flash Will Be Coming?