How is menopausal bleeding caused by endometrial hyperplasia treated?

Endometrial hyperplasia is caused by abnormal cells in the endometrium. This can cause menopausal bleeding. Women who have endometrial hyperplasia are more likely to get endometrial cancer. Doctors may use progestin to treat endometrial hyperplasia as this can lead to shedding of the endometrium. This condition can also be treated surgically with removal of your uterus.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Menopause and Sex
Menopause and Sex
News flash. Remember the umpteen stories you've read about how women's sex drive goes into reverse once she enters her perimenopause years (typically,...
If menopause isn't an illness, why should I see my doctor?
Your question reminds me of the title of the old Billie Holiday song, "You've Changed." Menopause is...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Can Herbal Remedies Reduce Symptoms of Menopause?